Owen spent the entire day at school today - he forgave a bully and had the opportunity to play chess with his friends and the principal at lunch. It was an amazing day and we are going to celebrate with some pizza and one of Emily's closest friends tonight.
I have gotten away from the idea of posting about food, but I hope to include some recipes in the future. I recently made a sausage risotto; savoury caramelised red onion jam and extra old white cheddar whole wheat bread with sesame seeds; black sesame seed and cheese bread; budae jjigae 부대찌게with roasted ham rather than Spam ... Yummy and one of my favourite Korean dishes. We went to a Korean market in Kitchener recently and picked up some great ingredients. It amazes me that in two years Korea became my home and I miss it so much. Our friend Sanghyo ryu from Yeonggwang, S.K., who I call 동생, for little brother and he calls me 누나 (big sister) and Steve 형님 (brother), recently sent photos of his new son born in February. We went to The Bookshelf to buy him a favourite book of ours, Goodnight Moon, made a card and sent the package off in February. I am so happy that it arrived and just like we did with our two, Hyun min will be read to sleep with the soothing, comforting words and images of a venerable English bedtime story.
No comments:
Post a Comment